So I’m sick as a dog this week, and praising the good Lord above that I have a freezer stocked full of healthy and delicious meals I made and froze last week. Including roast, stew, soup, and already prepared ingredients to throw together a delicious veggie lasagna. Seriously, I’m so happy!!!!! So here is a summary of all of the “hard” work I did last week to make this possible:
day 1: Crock pot a large roast with potatoes and carrots. eat. Freeze leftovers.
Day 3: chop veggies for lasagna, make sauce for lasagna, freeze half the veggies and the sauce. Make lasagna, eat.
Day 4: Make chicken soup. Eat. Freeze leftovers.
Day 5: PIZZA NIGHT!!!!
I also chopped and froze all of the fruits and veggies I knew I wouldn’t use last week before they went bad, so now I even have a weeks worth of fruits and veggies for snacks… I might not even have to grocery shop this week!!! look at me and my bad self!!!
Well long story short, I might have to invest in an industrial sized freezer, because I’m on a ROLL!!!! Freezing leftovers is so worth it!!! Especially if you are like me and always make a way bigger than normal dinner.
YOU CAN FREEZE ALMOST EVERYTHING!!! Best. Invention. Ever.
I got the image, and a recipe from: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/maries-easy-slow-cooker-pot-roast/
- Slow Cooker Lasagna Rolls (thegunnysack.com)
- Freezer meals (theflawedmom.wordpress.com)
- Coconut-Curried Beef and Butternut Squash Stew (designedforcreativity.wordpress.com)
- Meal Planning and Grocery Shopping (internationalsuperfriends.wordpress.com)
- 35 Slow Cooker Recipes for Busy (or Lazy) Vegetarians (wisebread.com)
- Two-step crock-pot beef stew (kineticfix.com)